Kayla’s unique approach to acupuncture comes out of her own personal experience with ongoing shoulder and back pain, head and knee injuries,
and migraines — all of which led her to explore acupuncture as a holistic, collaborative approach to health.
Her method comes directly from the principles within Traditional Chinese Medicine — to bring the body’s energy into a satisfied, harmonious
- Mobility and Pain Management – Kayla’s approach is to empathize with a client’s unique situation, encourage them to open up about their limitations and injuries, and then to create a personalized treatment to resolve their
physical issues and range of motion over time.
- Anxiety and Rebalancing – Based in theory nested in Traditional Chinese Medicine, Kayla uncovers various points in the body to rebalance the flow of energy. Her practice includes acupuncture, cupping, moxibustion heat therapy,
e-stim therapy, tui na massage, and
gua sha to improve blood circulation.
- Beauty and Self Care – Cosmetic acupuncture uses the body’s physiology to increase production of collagen, the body’s way to make skin look youthful and clear. Kayla prioritizes improvements to skin elasticity, cellulite and
wrinkle reduction, and treatments that minimize scar tissue.
Kayla’s commitment to excellence ensures her clients receive the very best individualized treatments that consider as many parts of their unique
health care situation as possible. Above all, she is passionate about her practice — a client-centred, empathetic, and compassionate approach to health that puts each person’s condition first.
- Graduate of the Diploma of Acupuncture, Pacific Rim College, Victoria
- Licence to Practice, Registration #04995, College of Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners and Acupuncturists of British Columbia
- Certificate to Practice Yamamoto New Scalp Acupuncture (YNSA), David Bomzon, Healthy Seminars
- Certificate to Practice Acusculpting: Cosmetic Acupuncture Protocol, Illya Borreson, Aculoft
- Emergency First Aid, with CPR C / AED, The Lifesaving Society, BC & Yukon Branch
- Languages (spoken and written): English, French, Spanish